If a booking is cancelled by a guest, the conditions that will apply are those that are configured in your account, in the Cancellation Policy section:
Here are the conditions for refunds in the case of a cancellation by the guest for each platform:
(please note that if a guests wants to make a claim relating to a refund from a platform, they need to contact the customer support of the platform concerned, because once the cancellation conditions are selected in Smily, the rules of each platform which correspond to these conditions are not managed by Smily)
- by Airbnb for your guest:
- When a cancellation is made, the guests will automatically be refunded by Airbnb as per your cancellation policy (unless the cancellation happens in the case of a force majeure or if it is covered by the Airbnb's Guest Refund Policy for homes).
- The service fees can be refunded up to 3 times per year if the guest cancels within 48 hours after booking. The service fees are not refundable if, at the time when the bookins is cancelled:
- More than 48 hours have passed since the guest made the booking.
- The guest has already cancelled 3 bookings within the last 12 months.
- The dates of the booking that the traveller has cancelled overlap with another booking made via their account.
- by Airbnb for you:
- If you have already hosted guests previsouly via the platform and a payment to you is due, it will be processed within 24 hours of the planned arrival of the guest. If you have never hosted guests before and this is one of your first bookings, the payment could be blocked until 30 days after the booking was confirmed.
- Smily service fees will apply on the theoretical cancellation penalties. For example, if theoritically there should have been a total refund, you will not pay any Smily fees (please note that transaction has already taken place, so the refund of the Smily fees will be in the form of credits on your account that will be deducted from your next payment). If only 50% of the booking is refunded to your guest, the service fees will be applied on the remaining 50%. These fees will be taken from your credits or from your credit card the day after the cancellation.
- on the platforms for your guest:
- Guests must be refunded in line with your cancellation policy.
- The refund for the booking will be made into your bank account and you must then reimburse the guest the correct amount.
- The time taken for the refund to reach your account can vary from 3 to 8 working days (transfers from our payment gateway are transferred on a weekly basis every Monday). For example, if the cancellation happens on a Wednesday, the money will be released the following Monday and you will receive it in the time required for a bank transfer.
- For refunds of the platform service fees paid by the guest, these are refunded automatically by the platform directly to the guest with 7 to 14 days if your cancellation policy allows for a complete refund (otherwise, the service fees of the platform will not be refunded to the guest).
- on other platforms for you:
- If only a partial refund is allowed by your cancellation policy, then, if the transfer to you has already been made, you will retain the corresponding amount.
The Smily service fees apply on the theoritical cancellation penalty. For example, if a total refund is due, you
will not pay any Smily fees (please note that transaction has already
taken place, so the refund of the Smily fees will be in the form of
credits on your account that will be deducted from your next payment). If
only 50% of the booking is refunded to your guest, the service fees
will be applied on the remaining 50% and the corresponding amount will be deducted from the transfer that is made to you.
- The payment gateway fees applied on the original transaction will not be refunded.